French Toast Muffin Cups Recipe
- 1 c. whole milk
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. kosher sea salt
- 6 c. dried cubed bread (white, challah, brioche, croissants or cinnamon raisin)
For the topping:
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ c. unsalted butter
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the cubed bread into the mixture, toss gently to combine. Scoop a 1/3 cup of the mixture into each well.
- Meanwhile, to make the topping, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Using a pastry blender or your fingers, break the butter into small pea-size clumps. Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the tops of the muffins.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing and serving.
Breakfast & Brunch
A recipe from life made simple bakes