Caprese Sausage Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 box (7.6 oz) Betty Crocker™ Suddenly Salad® basil pesto pasta salad mix
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup bocconcini (small fresh mozzarella cheese balls) (7 oz), cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 precooked smoked Italian sausage links, thinly sliced (about 10 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
| ||PREP TIME
- Fill 3-quart saucepan 2/3 full of water; heat to boiling. Add Pasta. Gently boil, uncovered 12 minutes, stirring occasionally; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain well.
- Meanwhile, to toast pine nuts, place in ungreased heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly until nuts are light brown.
- In large bowl, combine Seasoning mix from packet, cold water and oil. Stir in tomatoes, cheese and sausage. Stir in cooked pasta until well mixed.
- Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour or until chilled. Garnish with pine nuts and basil.
A recipe from Pillsbury