Butter-Roasted Halibut with Asparagus and Olives Recipe
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthwise if thick, divided
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 7 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. Aleppo-style pepper
- 2 1/2 lb. skinless halibut, salmon, or arctic char fillet
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches ramps or scallions, trimmed
- 3/4 cup Castelvetrano olives, pitted, torn
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. coarsely chopped tarragon, plus leaves for serving
- Boiled small waxy potatoes and lemon wedges (for serving)
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Thinly slice one-quarter of asparagus into coins and place in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Heat butter and 2 Tbsp. oil in a small saucepan over medium. As soon as butter is melted, add Aleppo-style pepper and remove from heat.
- Season fish with salt and black pepper on both sides and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Scatter ramps and remaining asparagus around fish; season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour butter mixture over fish and vegetables. Give vegetables a toss to evenly coat.
- Roast, undisturbed, until fish is just opaque in the center and asparagus is bright green and tender, 15–25 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillets.
- Toss olives, chives, lemon juice, 2 Tbsp. tarragon, and remaining 5 Tbsp. oil with reserved asparagus; season with salt and black pepper.
- Transfer fish to a platter; top with ramps and asparagus. Spoon some olive mixture over, then scatter tarragon leaves over.
- Serve with potatoes, lemon wedges, and remaining olive mixture alongside.
A recipe from epicurious
You also might like:
Printed from Flyers-Online.com