Bittersweet Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 (3 1/2- to 4-ounces) fine-quality 60%- to 70%-cacao bittersweet chocolate bar, finely chopped
- Pastry dough
- 2 cups pecan halves (7 ounces), toasted and cooled
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dark corn syrup
- Accompaniment: lightly sweetened whipped cream
Step 1 :
- Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle.
Step 2 :
- Melt chocolate in a metal bowl set over barely simmering water, stirring.
- Remove from heat.
Step 3 :
- Roll out dough into a 13-inch round on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin.
- Fit into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Trim excess dough, leaving a 1/2-inch overhang.
- Fold overhang under and press against rim of pie plate, then crimp decoratively.
Step 4 :
- Spread chocolate in bottom of pie shell with back of spoon and let it set, then cover with pecans.
Step 5 :
- Whisk together eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt in a bowl, then whisk in corn syrup and pour over pecans.
Step 6 :
- Bake pie until filling is puffed and crust is golden, 50 to 60 minutes. (If pie is browning too fast after 30 minutes, loosely cover with foil.)
- Cool pie on a rack to warm or room temperature.
- Serve with whipped cream.
A recipe from
Printed from Flyers-Online.com