Baked Honey Sesame Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1.5 cup cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
| ||PREP TIME
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut up chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- Place cornstarch in one bowl and slightly beaten eggs in another bowl. Dredge chicken into cornstarch; coat in egg mixture after that.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken. Transfer the chicken to a large (I used a 9 x 13) lightly greased glass baking dish.
- In another mixing bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, minced garlic, and 1 tbsp cornstarch to make the sauce for the chicken.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake for out 40 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top.
- Serve it over rice with a side of steamed veggies!
A recipe from Wishes n Dishes