Artichoke and Tomato Panzanella Recipe
- 3 cups 1 1/2-inch-cubed whole-wheat bread
- One 10-ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (about 2 cups)
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 3 large red tomatoes, cut into wedges (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves (about 1 bunch)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
| ||PREP TIME
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
- Drizzle the bread and artichoke hearts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the bread and artichokes until golden brown at the edges, about 6 minutes total, turning every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the bread and artichokes from the grill and transfer to a large bowl.
Add the tomatoes, olives and basil to the bowl and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Toss to combine and serve immediately.
A recipe from Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis