In 1946, W.J. “Biff” Weiler and his brother, G.B. “Bernie” Weiler, decided to merge their legal practices.
Weiler & Weiler opened its doors on December 2 of that year, situated in the Francis Block at the corner of Victoria Avenue and Brodie Street, in what was then the city of Fort William, Ontario.
70 years later, much has changed. Fort William is now part of Thunder Bay. The firm is now housed in modern facilities at William and Balmoral Streets, and is a dynamic part of Northwestern Ontario’s legal, business, municipal, educational and arts communities.
The truly important things, however, have remained consistent: Weilers has always prided itself on attracting and retaining top-drawer legal talent.
We have always provided our clients with excellent, effective legal solutions.
We continue to devote substantial resources to the ongoing education and well-being of our lawyers and our staff.
We invest continuously in technology to provide our lawyers, staff and clients with the best possible service and information.
We continue to emphasize the importance of giving back to and supporting our wider community.