Our firm was established in 1953 as a partnership of John L. Robinson and Jack K. Holmes located in downtown Red Deer.
Through the addition and departure – often due to judicial appointments – of lawyers over the years, we have undergone several name changes from our first name of Robinson & Holmes to our current name of Johnston Ming Manning LLP.
Mac Johnston (Retired) Counsel along with James T. Mah Ming (1937-2010) joined the firm in the 1960s when the morning routine included gathering around the day’s mailbag to see what files required attention.
Since then we have continued to grow and develop along with the Central Alberta region.
In addition to our lawyers Johnston Ming Manning LLP also depends on the well-trained, talented, and personable support staff working with the lawyers to meet the needs of our clients.
Our guiding principle is the same today as it was on the day the law practice was established: Johnston Ming Manning LLP strives to provide an exceptional level of professional, proactive and forward-looking advice and legal services to meet the current and future needs of our clients.
We are pleased to say that we have retained and expanded our client base every year as a result of our dedication to professional expertise.
Johnston Ming Manning takes great pride in being a long-time member of Central Alberta’s legal and business community.
Our valued client relationships, professional and dedicated lawyers and staff, and commitment to community-building will provide the basis for our firm’s next 6 decades of providing legal services to local, national and international clients.